Friday, September 12, 2008

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Cake



This is a chocolate cake with peanut butter cheese cake centre and peanut butter cream cheese icing. It was amazing. To balance out all the peanut butter and cream cheese, I used apple sauce instead of butter in the cake, which had a beautifully light but moist texture. The cheese cake was supposed to be an even layer, but I forgot that this cake batter is very runny, so I had to spoon the cheese cake batter onto it and though it looked nice and even when I did it, obviously the spoonfuls moved about and did their own thing during cooking. The cheese cake is also peanut butter flavoured. I used chunky style, and the pieces of peanut gave a really nice contrast to the smooth cheese cake and fluffy chocolate cake. The peanut butter cream cheese icing? I saw this Smitten Kitchen post and didn't need any convincing that it would be as good as it was.

No comments: