Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fudge

I came across a hand written Peanut Butter Fudge recipe in one of mum's cook books. It didn't look very 'fudgey', but it required the exact amount (40g) of cooking chocolate that had been sitting in the cupboard for several months, and I figured if mum had bothered to write it down, it must be good.


As you can see, it's definitely not fudge. But it was very tasty. It's basically coconut rough - a chocolately coconut mix.

So I found another fudge recipe and tried again.


This is chocolate rum fudge. I used the Bundaberg Rum Royal Liqueur, which is dark rum with chocolate and coffee. The fudge was delicious, though it didn't set entirely. Chilled it was perfectly firm, but went gooey if left out of the fridge.

I'll try again at some point, but for now I'm all fudged out.

No comments: