Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Lemon-Blueberry Cake


The above is a picture of the Lemon-Blueberry cupcakes that I made to take camping on ANZAC Day long weekend. My mum loves lemon flavoured desserts so I'd been saving up recipes to make for her, but I decided to use the Lemon-Blueberry Yogurt Loaf recipe that was posted on Smitten Kitchen not long ago.

The cake was wrong in so many ways: the juice from the frozen blueberries spread through the batter and turned it grey; the berries all sank to the bottom; I overfilled the cases; they were over cooked and stuck to the cases; and the cake itself had the weirdest texture, being light but not crumbly, slightly rubbery, and incredibly moist (despite the fact that I marginally reduced all liquid amounts).

But mum LOVED them, and wants me to make them again already. I think they would be perfect served as pudding with icecream.

Here's a few random photos from camping:




No comments: